Midweek Update 2/24/16

This past weekend we picked up some material to build her crib with! (yayayay) I'm super excited to get her room ready. I'm 24 weeks now, sixteen more weeks and she will be here. I want everything to be as close to perfect as I can get it for her! I never really thought I'd be this particular about these things, then again I never thought about how I would be bringing home my child for the first time until now.

My belly continues to grow and she's moving a lot now. Sometimes it's uncomfortable (that's when I put my sweats on and all is good)  I love that I look pregnant now and not just the weird in-between stage. I am only in maternity jeans, leggings, or dresses now. Jake feels her too. I'm sure he doesn't feel her as much as I think he does. But it is still the best thing ever. Every night I still grab his hand to feel her moving. It still makes me smile as much as it did the first time he felt her.

I finished her bumpers this past weekend also. Now I just have the huge bows that tie them to her crib, dust ruffle, curtains, and a blanket. I need to get on all this! We have our maternity pictures at the beginning of April so I want her room to be finished so we can take pictures in it. :) I'm also looking for a chandelier. 

I also get tired really easily. Last week I started working out in the morning more and by Thursday I was asleep at 8. I'm sure Jake is like um... what in the world? ha! I'm not super full of energy 24/7 pre pregnancy but this is definitely different. Everyone keeps telling me to get rest now because you won't when she gets here and I am terrified! I do not do well on little sleep. I guess that's when you pray a lot and somehow God gives you these mother powers and you make it. Right? haha

My back has been hurting lately. I'm assuming it's because I have this belly that is throwing it off. I tried a prenatal massage on Tuesday.... I wasn't impressed. I had to lay on my back on a cheese wedge and put a pillow under my knees. My back never got touched. It did feel good, I'm not trying to bad mouth. But, it just wasn't what I expected. I don't know why but I thought they would have a hole in the bed, like for your face, but for your belly haha. Or maybe lay on our sides to get to our back. Anyways... I think I will order one of those pregnancy pillows soon. Until then I have been sleeping with a long pillow in between my legs and that has helped.

I hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for reading.