Work Out Outline

Now that I am pregnant I am not working out as much as I was before. In the beginning I did really good I had a work out buddy and we got up every morning and went to the gym did a small amount of cardio and weights. Before that I was training for a 1/2 that I never did (because I got tired and pregnant).... and now... I am just back to running/walking again.

I was really super tired in the beginning, but not sick, so that's good. But I had ZERO energy! Naps are now my best friend! My poor husband, Jake does most of the house work now and I just lay around because as soon as I get home from work I am in my sweats and on our futon (because we are STILL waiting on our furniture). But, now that I've ran/walked 3 times this week so far I already feel more energized so hopefully I can stick with this. I want to do atleast 4 times a week and do some strength training maybe 2 days a week.

I've been asked by a few of my family members to write them a workout regimen. So I'm going to put together a little something for all of you that have the same New Year's Resolution as the rest of the world and me haha. TO GET IN AND STAY IN SHAPE.

Also I am not a personal trainer, nor am I certified to tell you what to do. So, you read this and take what you want out of it. Not every program works the same for everyone. This one did for me and it's super easy to do on your own with a big shove of motivation. For now I'm just making a worded post. In the future I will do one where you can work out at home and just use light weights and resistance bands. (which is what I will have to do with this baby girl :) ) So that will come later!



So this is on a four day work out plan.

Pick four days that you will stick to if you can so you can hold yourself accountable each week. I also like to walk on my off days if you feel like you need to be active every day.

Cardio workouts are listed below in the outline.

Day 1
20-40 minutes of cardio (depending on how much time you have and allow yourself for workout)
Bi/Tri
Biceps- find three things that you want to do with your biceps. If you are in a gym you can walk around to all the machines and they should tell you which muscle groups they work on.
Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps. Start with lighter weight and add each time if you can. If it's not burning it's not working ;).
Triceps- same as above but with your triceps.

Day 2
20 minutes of cardio
Legs
I like to do 4 different machines or work outs with my legs. The third can be your calves. ( I always forget about those little suckers)

Day 3
20 minutes of cardio (this is the easier day so you can do a longer cardio if you want)
Shoulders
Find 3 different workouts/machines for your shoulders and do 3 sets of 12-15.

Day 4
20 minutes of cardio
Chest/Back
Chest- Find 3 machines and do 3 sets of 12-15. (same as you did with tri and bi)
Back- 3 sets of 12-15 on 3 different machines or work outs.


Cardio examples-
Walk
Run
Swim
Elliptical (My absolute least favorite)
Bike

If you are on a treadmill and want a change you can do a HIIT = which stands for High Intensity Interval Training where you are burning more fat. You can run or sprint for 30 seconds then walk for 1 minute. Doing this for 8 rounds. If this is too easy you can increase the length of your run/sprint and do 1 minute. There are tons of these examples online for you to look up also.



Do more cardio if you need to lose more fat. Do the suggested amount of cardio if you want to maintain and build muscle AKA "toning". But be careful because if you are skinny already and working out to build muscle you may need very little cardio or else you will start losing your muscle and then becoming a stick.

You also want to make sure you are on a good diet. When I say diet I don't mean eat that way to look good for a certain amount of time and then fall off the wagon. It is so disheartening to me when people are like "why are you on a diet?" or "oh you must be on a diet" A diet to me is a lifestyle of eating habits. You choose how you want to feel by what you are putting into your body. I eat whataburger, chic fil a, and taco casa, oh yes I do! I also feel awful afterwards too! haha. So if you get into the habit of eating better you will not crave bad food as often and when you do you will feel awful after eating it because your body is like "what are you putting in me!" And don't get me wrong especially being pregnant I eat a lot of desserts! This baby loves the sweets and so do I. Just find your perfect balance.

Also when I was training for the 1/2 I can tell you that there were some days I wasn't getting enough carbs in. I would get very light headed and dizzy. Make sure if you feel this way you talk to someone who knows enough about nutrition to help you. Like I said I am not a nutritionist and everything stated above are only opinions I have.

Hope you like this :).

Let me know your workout habits and secrets!